06 Mar Top 7 Languages Spoken in The World
Language is the most beautiful means of communication among humans. It is the accumulation of various sounds, accents, and dialects put together in a specific pattern. Language is that special thing that marks the boundaries of the world and differentiates people around the world into separate entities. The languages vary from one place to another in the world.
It is interesting to know about the various types of languages present throughout the world. Differences in people, country, temperature, and climate go hand in hand with the languages. However, the top seven languages spoken in the world are:
- Chinese– Chinese is the language that reminds us of ancient civilization and is probably one of the native languages in the world. More than 1 billion people around the world have the habit of speaking in this language. It is one of the common languages among travellers as well and, they strive hard to learn this language.
- Spanish- The second most popular language that tops the list is Spanish. With more than 400 million native speakers, this language is on the list of many travellers who want to be multilinguistic and opt for some world tour. Spanish is the native language for most parts of Central and South America, and even in the USA.
- Hindi– Next comes the amalgamated language in the world that also has some debates associated with it. With about 300 million native speakers, Hindi is the language that is next in the line. Officially, Hindi is the national language in India and parts of Pakistan. India and Pakistan have always been neighbours and, the debate about their origin is still there. Some say Hindi has its source from the dialect of Urdu and Persian.
- Arabic- Next on the list is Arabic, with about 310 million speakers around the world. The presence of various dialects in this language makes it prone to separate groups based on its dialects.
- Bengali- It is the language around the Bengal region. There are about 200 million speakers all around. Formerly, Bengali was only the language restricted to the Bengal province that also included parts of Bangladesh. However, after the partition of Bengal in 1947, Bangladesh became the country to make Bengali their official language. People of Kolkata still follow Bengali as their mother tongue.
- Portuguese- Having more than 200 million native speakers, Portuguese is one such language that is the epitome of culture and heritage. Although the Portuguese culture emerged from Portugal, it was diverged all over by the Portuguese traders and merchants. Few of the Portuguese colonization areas at present have developed a liking for this language. Countries like Brazil, Goa, Cape Verde, and Angola are some of the countries speaking this native language.
- Russian- This language has a separate entity in the entire world. There are more than 50 million speakers of Russian, making it one of the popular languages. With the infallible texture of grammar and Cyrillic scriptures, this language is a rich one.
If you are looking for multilingual DTP or localization of content, connect with us for your requirements. With our plethora of services, the strength of DTP Labs lies in its work. We use the latest software solutions to meet client requirements and work with top online translation companies worldwide. DTP Labs work with all world languages such as western languages, languages that use non-western and bi-directional scripts as well as Indic languages.